From: Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: fmorales_htw@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: VNCServer Problem
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 15:55:49 +0800

Francisco Javier wrote:
> Hello, I was installed Fedora Core 3, it Start vncserver and I entry KDE
> using vnc client without any problem
>

> Yesterday I install Fedora Core 4 on the same bay that fedora core 3, I
> install KDE and vncserver, I generate the password
>
> for vncserver and allok, but I cant export KDE, I just cant see X11
> session with  a open terminal.
>

> 5801/tcp open  vnc-http-1
>
> 5901/tcp open  vnc-1
>
> 6001/tcp open  X11:1
>

> How can I do for to export KDE seccion ?? that is open and running on
> the machine for to access by VNC client?

Careful 3 messages to the fedora list all with the same subject...

You should edit your ~/.vnc/xstartup.

I've got...

#!/bin/sh

[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
#twm &
unset SESSION_MANAGER
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

and it works fine for me...

See
http://www.grape-info.com/doc/linux/config/vnc-3.3.3r2_x86_linux_2.0.html

for some other hints/suggestions.

--
The way to make a small fortune in the commodities market is to start
with a large fortune.