Re: Yum No Match for argument: ndiswrapper -

Gerry Tool wrote:
Bob Goodwin wrote:
It seems to me I read that yum provides ndiswrapper but I have met with
no success.  I first tried Yumex
since it lists available RPM's.  Nothing there either.

This is a new FC-5 installation  and perhaps not configured for the
required repositories?

I did download a tarred" copy which I can install if there's no RPM.

This is part of an effort to install a Linksys WMP54G "wireless" adapter.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

Bob Goodwin     Zuni, Virginia

[root@gstpc-fc4 ~]# yum list ndiswrapper*
.
.
.
Available Packages
ndiswrapper.i386                         1.10-2.lvn5            livna

It is in the livna repository, so install/enable that repo and you will be able to install it from rpm. I installed it both ways on a laptop trying a similar thing and it worked the same either way, but I think it is good to use an rpm whenever possible.

Gerry

I am going from bad to worse! I can't "make" ndiswrapper from the tar because it wants "2.6.15-1.2054_FC5/build" which I don't seem to have and/or can't find.

Neither yum nor yumex will work with Livna, can't find the mirrors for whatever reason. I've replaced the /etc/yum.repos.d/ files with what I saved from fc4 which did work. I have two computers, this Linux box that needs the wireless adapter installed and a Mac that needs the router attached and setup and I can't do anything because my basic tools don't work, very frustrating.

Can anyone provide me with a copy of the required yum configuration file that works and/or "2.6.15-1.2054_FC5/build?"

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin