Re: FC5 ISA Soundcard not working any more

antonio montagnani wrote:
I refer directly to my sound card in the install/remove lines,
therefore I assume (not sure) that the alias line is not necessary.

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag

I'm not sure if the alias is needed. I would assume that the programs
would rely on an alias for conformity instead of each program needing to
reference a particular soundcard by its driver name.
Back in the ISA days for me, I used to compile a kernel with Ethernet
and sound in the kernel. Maybe since preloading modules within the
initrd is possible now, running /sbin/mkinitrd --preload=snd-sbawe
/boot/<kernelversion>w-sound.img would load the sound driver on boot.
I'm getting experimental here so hopefully someone could answer with
practical advice.
Jim