Re: FC5 ISA Soundcard not working any more

2006/4/3, antonio montagnani <antonio.montagnani@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2006/4/3, Rickey Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx>:
> >

> > Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > > debug it... huh, dmesg finally shows that isapnp is now working... so
> > > that's news. I haven't a clue what did that. I'll get back to you
> >
> > > and relate what I'm finding. Ric
> >

> > I'm getting the kernel and Kudzu using locate. /sound/isa modules show
> > up in a lot of kernel items. I would not think that the feature to
> > recognize pnp isa cards would be removed from kudzu. The feature could
> > have been removed though. Is it possible to use an older version of
> > kudzu to see if it was gutted? My guess deps would be heavy.
> > Probably putting a bug report against kudzu would be wise since ISA and
> > PNP are still needed.
> > I still haven't a clue as to what happened to fire isapnp back up, but I'm
> > loath to file a bug report as I did a yum-upgrade path which hosed ALOT of
> > the system when yum segfaulted on me during the upgrade. That hurt! So, I
> > can't really bitch about anything, I'm no victim, I volunteered.
> >
> > udev is still hosed, at least on bootup. Once I get past that one, I'll be
> > pretty close to being operational. thanx, Ric

> > My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
> > "There are two Great Sins in the world...
> >  ...the Sin of Ignorance, and
> >  ...the Sin of Stupidity.
> > Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
> >
> > Linux user# 44256
> > Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/
> >

> This is my updated modprobe.conf.
> I still do not understand why the sound card doesn't work at
> boot-time, but if I issue modprobe snd-sbawe it works immediately.
> Shall I had this line to some rc file??
>

> # Note: for use under 2.4, changes must also be made to modules.conf!
> alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
> alias usb-controller uhci-hcd
> options snd-sbawe isapnp=1
> install snd-sbawe /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-sbawe &&
> /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
> remove snd-sbawe { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
> /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-sbawe
> #Turn off IPv6
> #alias net-pf-10 off
> #alias net-pf-10 on
> #alias ipv6 off
> alias eth1 ne2k-pci
> alias eth0 8139too
>

> Tnx for help
> --
> Antonio Montagnani
> Skype : antoniomontag

and this is the output of kernel log at boot-time. Why doesn't the card work??

isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards...
pnp: SB audio device quirk - increasing port range
pnp: AWE32 quirk - adding two ports
isapnp: Card 'Creative SB32 PnP'
isapnp: 1 Plug & Play card detected total

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag