Re: SElinux

On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 18:23, Craig White wrote:

> All of the discussion about gui
> tools is self serving attempts to provide a smoke screen to the basic
> issue...that the sysadmin doesn't want to commit the time and energy to
> learning how to deal with it. The logical extension that I add to that
> is this unwilling system admin is not professional and will take the
> easy road, much like failure to implement password policies discussed a
> few days ago, etc. as this behavior is endemic and not likely reserved
> to just selinux.

Or, an equally valid view is that the sysadmin in question has
learned from experience that every new-and-different extension
to the basic unix system promoted by one or a few vendors has
historically not turned out to be necessary and sometimes
introduced new problems.  A wait-and-see attitude isn't such
a bad thing.  When it is proven, you might expect all distributions
to ship it.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx