Re: Yum doesn't appear to update packages anymore

On 4/2/06, Rickey Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> alan <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Try "yum clean all" and see if that fixes it. If not, try removing
> yum-changelog. (That one gave me some weird problems similar to what you
> describe.)
> huh, I can't slocate yum-changelog but I am seeing some yum files with
> .rpmnew and .rpmorig. I assume rpmnew = FC5 and the intact file is the FC4?
> When rpm does over write a config file .rpmorig is produced and the current
> config file would be FC5? Weird, I had read that the new yum behavior was to
> erase the rpm packages upon completion, but I found 300+ rpm files still
> there. Something amiss between .rpmnew and .rpmorig? I did do the yum
> upgrade path and darn near have a working machine again...  I'm happy. Ric

You did not say that your installation was an upgrade from FC4. You
should examine at all  .repo files. Make sure that they point to FC5
and not FC4.  While you are at it also examine your rpm database to
see if you have duplicate packages, i.e. FC4 packages installed along
with the FC5 package.