Re: Problems With Atheros Based Wireless Cards

Hex Star wrote:
Try a wireless bridge, it's affordable and with a wireless bridge, as long as you have a working ethernet card that works under linux (and it should automatically in most cases) you can access your wireless network since a wireless bridge connects through your ethernet card and does all the wireless communications for you (and the one I'm going to link to I've used with linux and it works great, should work out of the box...but don't worry, if your network has a setup like static IPs the device has a web based administration interface for configurating such setups and a comprehensive manual to boot), here's the wireless bridge I recommend getting: http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=50556000&pfp=srch1 <http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=50556000&pfp=srch1>
I looked at your link, and looked at the setup information on the Belkin site - I could only find a 2 page document. I see it has a web interface to set it up for a protected network. Suppose I take it to another location. How does it find existing networks and connect to them?

I found other devices by SMC and Linksys. Do you have any information about how they all compare?

Hauling this device around seems a bit more trouble than a Cardbus card. Any comments?

Thanks.  Gerry