Re: FC5 and WinXP

(wouldn't top post except for clarity in this case, don't yell at me)
Or you can boot the knoppix liveCD/DVD (which has ntfsresize built in) and use Qtparted to resize it with an easy GUI (although it appears to crash while its working, but it hasn't ever actually crashed for me).
-Dan

Knute Johnson wrote:
I must preface this; if I didn't need Winblows for work, my computers would be Linux only. Get yourself a copy of Partition Magic, shrink the Winblows partition and install FC on the new one. I have FC5 and WinXP running on my desktop and laptop. Both were upgrades from FC4. FC3 had a problem if you installed Linux on a system with Winblows, you couldn't see the Winblows partition. I haven't done a fresh install of FC5 into a recently re-partitioned Winblows machine but I think all of the problems are in the past.

knute...

Has anyone tested whether Fedora Core 5 and Windows XP can be on the same disk? I know you can't do it with FC4.

Thanks,

Russell Golden