Re: Something positive for this nice monday morning

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Tim wrote:

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 05:57 -0400, Jacques B. wrote:
For my home system I used the GUI to change SELinux to
none as I was having a minor flash plugin install problem.

Care to elaborate?  We tried installing plugins for Flash, and the
installation appeared to work, but Flash didn't.  On a hunch, I tried
changing SELinux to permissive, and loaded a test page.  This time Flash
did work.

I just installed the flash-plugin RPM at macromedia.mplug.org and it worked fine, except for some issues displaying text (c.f. macromedia.com). I stumbled on the workaround of symlinking

	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11 -> /etc/X11

and now it seems to work with no problem. I have selinux set to enforcing.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu