Re: A question about NetworkManager

akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> I tried system-config-network to setup my WiFi system,
>> and it seemed as useless as before in FC4.
>> It listed my WiFi card as eth0,
>> but did not allow me to edit any of the settings,
>> or to "Activate" the connection.
>>
> neat is the same as system-config-network and it worked to allow me to
> configure and activate my wireless card at home.

How exactly did you configure it?
Did you add a new profile?
When I ran system-config-network I was told I could not alter
the default profile.

> The activation can also be done by the Network Monitor applet.

What exactly do you mean by the Network Monitor applet?
I see the following items in my Fedora menu:

        System=>Network Device Control
        Internet=>Network Folder Wizard
        Administration=>Network Configuration

I tried all of these but had no success with any of them.

What _precisely_ did you do?
Ie what commands did you give,
or which icons did you click?

--