Re: bittorrent slow

sean wrote:
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:45:51 -0600
Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

They don't sell you a link of a given bandwidth and then tell you
how you can use it. They license you to use *their* equipment, and
then tell you how you can use *their* equipment. And you *agree*
to the terms when you sign up to use *their* equipment.

You're right of course, but they won't get *my* money unless they can provide the service i want, which includes a sizeable chunk of download and upload bandwidth. Luckily, many DSL providers are more than
happy to undercut and out service the cable companies today.

That is, of course, also true, and the way things should work.

It's easy to be jealous of the Japanese though who are so far ahead of us, having much greater penetration of fiber to the home with 100Mbit download _and_ upload speeds for little more than we pay for a rate limited cable connection here.

Well, yes and no. There is a reason for this, just as there is a reason
we are stuck with a lot of older technologies. We were on the early edge
of getting them. By the time other countries actually got telephones,
the technology had moved on, so they got *better* phones. But we got
the phones long *before* they did.

So, which do you prefer?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.