Re: FC5: Samba authentication not working

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 13:40 +0100, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > Just set up FC5-box yesterday and wanted to have central authentication as
> > on fc1,2,3,4...
> >
> > So, i launched the Authentication-app from gnome and choosed
> > Authentication->Samba, i filled in the Domain and the Domain Controller..
> >
> > Yeppa, testing and....it doesn't work...
> >
> > somebody experienced this also? Did i forget something?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Roger
> >
> Sorry for not shipping more information, i will supply hopefully this
> evening. Meanwhile, is somebody else experiencing the same?
>
> Roge

Roger,

I had problems with FC4 and ADS authentication.  To make a long story
short:  I had to set up kerberos on both the linux side and the Windows
side.  The windows side consisted of adding the FC4 machine to the
kerberos domain.

Maybe with the installation of FC5 your SID changed?  A very SWAG :-)

Bob...