Re: FC5: Samba authentication not working

> On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 13:40 +0100, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
>> > Hey,
>> >
>> > Just set up FC5-box yesterday and wanted to have central
>> authentication as
>> > on fc1,2,3,4...
>> >
>> > So, i launched the Authentication-app from gnome and choosed
>> > Authentication->Samba, i filled in the Domain and the Domain
>> Controller..
>> >
>> > Yeppa, testing and....it doesn't work...
>> >
>> > somebody experienced this also? Did i forget something?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Roger
>> >
>> Sorry for not shipping more information, i will supply hopefully this
>> evening. Meanwhile, is somebody else experiencing the same?
>>
>> Roge
>>

> Roger,
>
> I had problems with FC4 and ADS authentication.  To make a long story
> short:  I had to set up kerberos on both the linux side and the Windows
> side.  The windows side consisted of adding the FC4 machine to the
> kerberos domain.
>
> Maybe with the installation of FC5 your SID changed?  A very SWAG :-)
>
> Bob...

Hey Bob,

*argh* good idea! This could be caused by the changed workstation. I gonna
delete the workstation and the user out of smbpasswd and retry again. All
i had once, was a reply, that NT_USER_NOT_KNOWN - so ph you're right.

i gonna try and let you know. It was working fine on FC4 without using
kerberos, but i got it up with windbind.

Roger