Re: Help with reading strace

Dan Track wrote:
On 3/22/06, Andy Green <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dan Track wrote:

Any idea what is going on? I've tried to figure it out, but I'm not
that great an expert. Again the problem occurred at the space below in
the tcpdump.
Sorry I can't see anything funny about it like repeated ACK packets.  It
seems that 10.10.8.24 decides not to send anything new for 5 seconds
from what I can make out, but I admit going crosseyed trying to look at it.

-Andy

Hi

Thanks for the update. Is there any other types of test that I could
run, or utilities I could use to debug this?

I think the first move is to get more idea of the direction of the problem... for example your strace shows the timeout for the poll() action is set to 5 seconds, which is a bit suspicious. Do you see problems in any other protocols or applications on the network?

Check for general network malaise by floodpinging, eg

# ping -f 10.10.8.24

You should see a single flickering . only.

-Andy