Re: FC5: Dual head - second screen not working in X

On 3/21/06, Chris Ruprecht <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I had the dual head stuff working great in FC4 on my ThinkPad. After the > > FC5 upgrade last night, the second screen no longer gets a signal when X
> > starts.
> >
> > I tried to edit the xorg.conf file to no avail - the second screen stays
> > dark. I ran the display configuration to span the desktop over two
> > screens and it seems to place new windows on the second screen, but the
> > screen still stays dark.
> >
> > I tried to find any info on this but came up empty.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chris

> what chipset are you using?  I haven't been able to have a dual
> display at all...

Problems with all linux distros with radeon dual head with xorg 6.9/7.0. Not sure of other gfx boards. Advice on xorg list is to try nightly DRI and radeon binary snapshots. See, for example:

http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Download#head-55420c59a1c2e9a70f07a6fa02f0d228ffb87b76

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)