Re: Why cant BitTorrent just work?

Phil wrote:
Acutally I get the same issue... I get dialup download speeds...

On 3/20/06, Florin Andrei <florin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 12:49 -0700, Reg Clemens wrote:

First off, it (BitTorrent) is not in Fedora4, why?

It's not in Fedora (the distribution proper) because it's in Extras (the
biggest repository associated with Fedora).

Uninstall whatever you grabbed from the Internet first.
Then do:

yum install bittorrent

Then run:

bittorrent-curses The_Desired_Torrent_File.torrent

Where The_Desired_Torrent_File.torrent is one of these:

http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/torrents/bordeaux-binary-i386.torrent
http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/torrents/bordeaux-DVD-i386.torrent
http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/torrents/bordeaux-binary-x86_64.torrent
http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/torrents/bordeaux-DVD-x86_64.torrent

I try bittorrent insted.  It never starts.

bittorrent-curses is the one that works best in most cases. The correct
syntax is indicated above.

Damn, it (bittorrent) really seemed like a good idea, to bad that
   they cant get it to the point where it just works AND THEN
   LEAVE IT ALONE,

The actual showstopper might be between the keyboard and the chair. ;-)

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/