Re: DVD burning issue

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Monday 13 March 2006 23:35, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
  That's why I chose utf8 over

< snip >

I can't give a categoric answer. I think to be certain I would have to have a disk or partition where the files had all been created after I converted to utf8.

Look if you just have a partition with filenames in another language than English ( French, German , Spanish will do ) that use non English Characters , they will give the result . If you mount the partition with a utf-8 character set and the filenames don't get messed up then it means that you are pretty much OK ( remember to back up the files first
BEFORE you play with them ) .

 I may have time to do some experimentation later today.  All I can say
at the moment is that the disks I burned are read easily enough by XP - but I don't think that it is a good enough test.

Look foward to seeing the results.

I posted them . I forgot to mention that i used Fedora Core 4 and the
2.6.15.4 kernel ( downloaded the source and compiled it myself ) .
 BTW, I'm in the UK, and it looks as though  we are 2 hours behind you.

That's to be expected, Since you are in the UK you use the GMT timezone , whereas here we have GMT+2

Anne

 Kind Regards,
    Kostas