From: Tom Spec <samag70-ignore@xxxxxxxx>
To: fedora-list <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Power Question (a bit OT)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:32:32 -0500 (EST)

Can anyone tell me what it is within a machine that gets it to boot up again after it has lost power?

I have some machines where, if we have a power outage it will crash, but then immediately boot up once power is restored. I have others that crash and need to be manually powered on when the power is restored. Is there a name for this feature? Is there a way for me to tell how a machine will behave in this regard without actually yanking the power to find out?

 Thanks,
 Tom