Re: Power Question (a bit OT)

It is the ATX form factor of power supply design specification.
This design (and onwards) starts the power supply with a soft switch meaning a low voltage pulse triggers the main SMPS circuit.
This pulse can be  given
   1. manually as when we start the soft push power-on button or alternatively
   2. automatically by the on board circuitry (involving BIOS), based on setting stored in BIOS setup.