Re: Fedora Core component differences

On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 11:39:42AM -0600, JHorne wrote:
> If I wanted to compare the different versions of fedora core, what would be
> the components to focus on?  The only thing I can think of as an example of
> what I would compare from FC3 to FC4, would be the kernel.  I know that
> technically, probably every package between FC3 and 4 have been incremented,
> but what about just the core things that make up the *real* difference?
> What would those components be?

Maybe the following is helpful?

http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=fedora

There are 177 packages compared, and you can ask for "major package
comparison" (54 packages) only. The definition of major packages is of
course distrowatch specific, but will mostly cover all you're asking
for, e.g. will give you the rough idea of what major components have
been touched from release to release.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net