Re: Fedora Core component differences

JHorne wrote:
If I wanted to compare the different versions of fedora core, what would be
the components to focus on?  The only thing I can think of as an example of
what I would compare from FC3 to FC4, would be the kernel.  I know that
technically, probably every package between FC3 and 4 have been incremented,
but what about just the core things that make up the *real* difference?
What would those components be?

Thanks,
jonathan

I think it depends on what is 'core' to you- the kernel, yes. All the components that make a basic system- hardware drivers, desktop environments (Gnome and KDE), C compiler, perl interpreter, system services (sendmail, named, ntpd), Python interpreter are all 'core' to me; YMMV. What is important in a system to you?

"The two most common things in the	| Bill Perkins
universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity."	| perk@xxxxxxx
					| programmer-at-large
		F. Zappa		| ALL assembly languages done here.