Re: Fedora Core component differences

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:59:28 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:

> Maybe the following is helpful?
>
> http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=fedora
>
> There are 177 packages compared, and you can ask for "major package
> comparison" (54 packages) only. The definition of major packages is of
> course distrowatch specific, but will mostly cover all you're asking
> for, e.g. will give you the rough idea of what major components have
> been touched from release to release.

Very helpful here! Many many thanks!

Followup (perhaps Very Dumb, perhaps alas! OT) Question : is there a
straightforward way to tell before trying an install whether thing like
the mozilla offshoots (Galeon, Epiphany, whatever), and maybe other
things, if not native to FC5, will run into dependency hell again?

Example: I did without Galeon for years, and just got it back, much to my
delight, with 2.0; if there were to be another trek through dependency
hell to get it, I might just put off going from FC4 to FC5 for a while, in
hopes someone would put a canned fix on a repo somewhere.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Hunter by Birth,
Not Quite Clueless Fedora Power User