Re: routing VS nat: can FC3 just be a router between eth0 <-> ppp0 with no MASQ/NAT???

> > I tried clearing the masquerade table, then clients can't reach the
> > remote network. So the FC3 machine, with a connection to eth0 and ppp0,
> > plus set to act as a router, does not appear to act as a router between
> > eth0 and ppp0.
> >
> > Is it possible to make it be a router between eth0 and ppp0 without
> > masquerade? Just be a router....
> >
> > Thanks,
> > James
> >

> Forgive my stupid question, but does each of your machines inside your
> LAN has a true IP address?
>
> Gilboa

If you mean unique address, yes. If you mean internet routable, no, but
the other side of the vpn is not internet routable either. One side is
192.168.1.0 and the other is 10.0.0.0. I'm looking at this more like a
branch office VPN. The routers on the remote side have static routes to
know where to find my network.

Hope that made sense.

James