Re: cryptsetup-luks

Gabor Walter wrote:

<SNIP>

Thanks for the idea. I know about the site you suggested. That's where I
found some nice howtos. There was not one, however, about creating an entire
encrypted root fs, which is my case. Therefore putting the script you
suggested int /etc/init.d... does not help, because at that point /sbin is
not accesible.
I think I'll post a message to that list as well.

OK. Thought that there was one there.

A quick Google search led me to the following site:

  http://lukeross.name/blog

If you scroll down to just below mid page, there is an entry on creating an encrypted / partition on FC4. Hopefully, that might help.

I don't encrypt /, but do on /home, /tmp, /var and swap as well as an external HD that I use for backups.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz