Re: What's this 'Antispam UOL'

On Thursday 09 March 2006 12:41, Yang Xiao wrote:
>On 3/8/06, jludwig <wralphie@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Tuesday 07 March 2006 22:52, Parameshwara Bhat wrote:
>> > Dear List,
>> >
>> > Nowadays I regularly recive replies to my postings from 'AntiSpam
>> > UOL <petsupermarket.sspam@xxxxxxxxxx>'.Though there appears to be
>>
>> discussions
>>
>> > on this on the list,having not followed from the beginning,I could
>> > not make any sense of it.
>> >
>> > If the full header is listed,message seems to go from one shadow5
>> > to uol.com.br whose antispam returns the message.Produced below.

>> sauron6.uol.com.br
>>
>> > (Postfix) with ESMTP id BECC26C2261 for <peebhat@xxxxxxxxx>; Tue,
>> > 7 Mar 2006 04:46:39 -0300 (BRT)
>> >
>> > Who is this shadow5 (172.26.5.185)?How my message went to this
>> > server? From gmail SMTP or fedora-list server? or from my ISP on
>> > the way?
>> >
>> > Thanks a lot.
>
>I don't understand this, why dcoesn't the list owner blacklist the
> site on their server instead of telling subscriber to do it
> themselves?

Because, as has been explained here several times, the list owner has no
way to find out which of the many users is useing the mail relay that
actually hits uol and generates the C/R.  And, as far as he knows,
there are no subscribers to these lists from uol.com.br.  uol.com.br
sells this service as a value added feature and ignores all the hoopla
it creates, apparently not considering how much of an imposition it is
on those to whom uol.com.br is just another spammer.  Which AFAIAC is
one of the more civilized terms I apply to those jerks...

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: