Re: What's this 'Antispam UOL'

On Thursday 09 March 2006 13:05, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Thursday 09 March 2006 12:41, Yang Xiao wrote:

>>> discussions

>>> sauron6.uol.com.br

>>I don't understand this, why dcoesn't the list owner blacklist the
>> site on their server instead of telling subscriber to do it
>> themselves?
>
>Because, as has been explained here several times, the list owner has
> no way to find out which of the many users is useing the mail relay
> that actually hits uol and generates the C/R.  And, as far as he
> knows, there are no subscribers to these lists from uol.com.br.
> uol.com.br sells this service as a value added feature and ignores
> all the hoopla it creates, apparently not considering how much of an
> imposition it is on those to whom uol.com.br is just another spammer.
>  Which AFAIAC is one of the more civilized terms I apply to those
> jerks...

And procmail is working quite well folks.  I reset .procmailrc to file
it instead of /dev/null it, sent the above message, and got a 6691 byte
long piece of html crap back in just 10 seconds or so, at which point I
changed it back to /dev/null.  That C/R response was far costlier in
terms of net bandwidth wasted than my useless reply above.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: