Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

On Thursday 09 March 2006 12:12 pm, Tony Molloy wrote:
> That's exactly right. What would be very useful is an "Everything Install"
> that installed everything but only the languages and locales you have
> choosen.
>
> But this battle has already been lost on another list

What all the anti-everything adherents refuse to comprehend is that their way
is not the only way. I hesitate to use the term, but we're dealing with folks
who are controlling.

On another list I asked two simple questions of the anti faction:
1) Would it be a big deal for the coders to reinstate the "Everything install"
button?
2) Was there still an objection if the button were hidden, and accompanied by
large disclaimers?

Not one of the vociferous anti-everything faction responded - this was
reposted three times during a very long debate on the issue. My conclusion is
that the decision had been taken, and the fact that numerous users disagreed
with the decision was of no account. The debate was never truly a debate -
the issue was decided without end-user input. So, I repeat, we're dealing
with control-freaks - it's a bad sign for Fedora, in my view.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA