Re: NFS changes in Fedora Core?

Danny Yee wrote:
I have a Redhat 7.3 server that was NFS mounting files on a Fedora Core
1 server, with no problems.  But the FC1 server has been replaced by
an FC4 server, and now the NFS mount is behaving badly -- if people
try to browse the NFS-shared files via netatalk/Appleshare, their
file browser hangs and then dies.

If I read this correctly, you're trying to (re)share NFS mounted dirs/files via netatalk:
rh73 NFS server
fc4 NFS client, acting also as netatalk server

In general, it's a bad idea to (re)share non-local files (ie, NFS mounted ones) via smb/samba,netatalk whatever.

However, most likely, you're probably exposing bug(s) in the *very* old NFS server implementation of your rh73 box.

-- Rex