Re: NX client on FC4

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 23:08 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>         I can't speak for Les or Kanwar, but my problem is not with
>         logging out
>         but sometimes resuming 'suspended' sessions and that is
>         probably my
>         biggest frustration as I have a fairly well defined workspace
>         with a
>         terminal with 5 shells in my first window - specific
>         directories and one
>         with a root shell and one with a root shell on a separate
>         server, the
>         second window with phppgadmin, the third window with Quanta
>         Plus - my
>         primary development software and the 4 workspace, Firefox with
>         several
>         tabs. When I cannot resume the session, I have to in essence,
>         recreate
>         it though I have some shortcuts to get things back to where
>         they were,
>         it's never the same as I had left my suspended session and
>         it's
>         frustrating.
>
>         Craig
>
> Does the  desktop environment not save your session on logout, thereby
> recreating it for you on login? This won't work as well with firefox
> though.
----
boy your html mail can be hard to read.

Sure, I can get it save KDE session stuff but it's rather immaterial as
it will open the programs but not the specific terminal settings,
paths/firefox stuff (and they are ssl sessions) etc. so it's rather
pointless to worry about saving KDE sessions. In short...saved KDE
sessions aren't quite up to 'suspending' an NX session and resuming it
later.

Craig