Re: FC5 - T3: GNOME save desktop setting missing or removed?

Mike Chambers wrote:
On Sun, 2006-03-05 at 12:28 -0800, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

Meanwhile - how can I now save my desktop settings so that when
I log in, my setup will be there for me????

Try System/Preferences/More Preferences/Sessions and see if that lets
you select to auto save your session or not.

Yes, that dialog does have an "Automatically save changes to session"
option to save the session _every_time_ you logout, but the online
help for that option clearly states, "If you do not select this
option, when you end your session the Logout Confirmation dialog
displays a Save current setup option."  That option in the logout
confirmation dialog never appears.

Anyway, auto-save-session seems to be broken right now.  When you
turn that option _off_ again, a couple of extraneous entries get
saved.  Next time you log in, you'll get a extra Nautilus window
and the sessions options dialog will start up too.

--
Bob Nichols         Yes, "NOSPAM" is really part of my email address.