FC5 - T3: GNOME save desktop setting missing or removed?

GAH!

Previous to FC5 releases allowed you the chance to SAVE YOUR
DESKTOP settings once you have set things up in your main
window and you did this by Logout and select the radio button
to save desktop settings then you are done.  This is STRIPPED
in FC5!

Since when was there a consensus vote to MESS UP THE MENU
stuff to change it around?  Is this something we can all rely on as
shifting sands when going from major releases to major releases?

Meanwhile - how can I now save my desktop settings so that when
I log in, my setup will be there for me????

Thanks!
Dan