Some wireless questions.

I have been involved in computer administration for many years but wireless
is new to me. So I have three questions.
1. In the network access using system-config-network and the ipw2200
driver there are  three modes are Auto, Managed and Ad-Hoc. The last two
were explained in a message on the list today but what does Auto do?

2. The answer to the first question relates to this question. When I am
in my office there is a gaggle of access points available to me from my
office. In the  2200 GUI in Windows I see them all and can pick one to
connect to.

In system-config-network I can't see these various points and the one it
homes in on , does not do DHCP and no one claims it. In other words, it
does not correspond to any access point known to people in the
building that I can find.

How can I get a behavior more like the Windows GUI?

3, At Trinity in order  to connect to our University-wide access point
we need to use LEAP protocol, and enter our Windows username and
passwd. This works easily from Windows on my laptop. How do I pull
this off in FC4?

Voodoo Programming:  Things programmers do that they know shouldn't work but
they try anyway, and which sometimes actually work, such as recompiling
everything.
-- Karl Lehenbauer
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science