Re: Reliable file system?

Marcelo Magno T Sales wrote:
Robin,

UPS is the first option.  If you cannot get a UPS then I would be
looking for a different job.

I do know I need an UPS. However, it takes too long to buy anything here, regardless of its price. The UPS is on it's way but it will take several weeks to get here. In the mean time, the machine has to work anyway.
I have no interest in a different job, thanks.

[]'s
Marcelo

Ah, you should have said that the UPS was on the way and asked what to do in the meantime. As you stated later.

I hope it arrives before your hardware toasts. If it takes that long for a UPS to arrive, I wonder how long for a new server/desktop.

Are you backing up the data, often, as well?

--
Robin Laing