Re: ATI Questions...again

On 2/27/06, Nathaniel Stickney <nstickney@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All,
>
> I hate to bring up ATI again, but I recently switched to Fedora 4 from SuSE
> and I have not been able to get my card working (read: DRI enabled) again. I
> am running an ATI Radeon 9800XT with an ABIT NF7-S motherboard (nforce2
> chipset). I run FVWM as opposed to gnome or KDE but this should not affect
> DRI, should it? I have installed the newest proprietary ATI driver ( 8.22.5)
> now that it includes 2.6.15 kernel support, but still nothing.

Hi, I'm new the list too, so I don't know what the policy is on
posting long emails, but an xorg.log or your xorg.conf file would be
very, very helpful at diagnosing the problem.  Also, an output from
the terminal of the "/sbin/lsmod" command would be helpful in showing
whether the fglrx kernel module is loaded or not.

Also, the method of installation would be useful information as well.
The preferred way to deal with the proprietary graphics card drivers
these days seems to be the livna repository.  Try
http://rpm.livna.org/