Re: SMART error and K3B issues

Jean-Rene Cormier wrote:
Hi,

I have 2 things here that are bugging me a little bit, first one is I'm
starting to get some SMART errors in my logs. Just a bunch of these:

Device: /dev/hda, 1 Offline uncorrectable sectors
Should I be worried that my HD is gonna die soon?

Maybe. What does smartctl say? Check the attributes, run an extended test and see if it fails. If it is consistently complaining, get a bootable tool diskette from your HD's manufacturer, and run the included test. If your disk is still under warranty (1 or 3 years since purchased), they will replace it for you.

--Marcin