Re: FC4 --> FC5T3. Via nfs from dvd iso. Howto bootstrap install.

Nat Gross wrote:

Question: How do I get the show on the road.
Burn a DVD or read how to install Fedora from an ISO image transferred
to disk.
If I were able to find that info I wouldn't ask. I googled a LOT.

Thank you much.
-nat

Thanks for the information. i assumed the letter for the mounts were C: sort of designations.

I googled a bit and found the below link.

http://fedoranews.org/dowen/nfsinstall/

I hope this helps you with the installation.

Since you have a CD-RW on the computer you wish to upgrade, transferring the dvd.iso over to the computer you wish to update and burning a boot.iso or rescue CD iso should allow you to install from the dvd.iso image that you transferred.

ftp://ftp.linux.ncsu.edu/mirror/ftp.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/test/4.92/i386/os/images is one location for example for the boot.iso location.

JIm