Re: Hard drive cable question -

I have to agree...on my old IDE cable, the motherboard end is blue, the other end is black and the middle is gray. My current IDE cables are round and labeled with paper, I think all the ends are black..I can't really tell right now. And about how to plug them in, you can either fiddle with jumpering and such, or just use cable select. I haven't encountered any non-cable select IDE cables in computers I've worked on, that I know of or care about at least. Maybe an old computer that only had one hard drive anyway. Just jumper each drive to cable select, master on the end, slave on the second one, no hassles.

Edward Dekkers wrote: