Re: FC4 on Laptop, does it work??, Partly.

James Pifer wrote:
Update on this. Apparently the volume controls do work for the internal
speakers, but not when I have external speakers plugged into the
headphone jack. Any ideas?

I could start a new thread, hate to jump on someone else's like this,
but it was related to begin with.

Anyone have any idea why the sound controls work for the internal
speakers but NOT through the headphone jack? If I have alsamixer loaded
I can see when I adjust the volume with the buttons that "Master" is
what is adjusted. Just don't see why that doesn't affect the sound
through the headphone jack.
Thanks,
James

Isn't there a config for headphones in alsamixer?

--
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415