Re: FC4 on Laptop, does it work??, Partly.

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 09:10 -0500, James Pifer wrote:
> I've read through this thread with interest. I have an HP Compaq nx9110
> with volume control buttons that have never worked for me. I switched
> the keyboard layout to "Laptop/notebook (eg Armada, Evo) Laptop
> Keyboard".
>
> Now the buttons act like they are doing something, meaning if I hit mute
> it says Mute On, but the the sound is not muted. Same results with up
> and down on the volume. I now also have kmix load in the task tray.
>
> I'm using alsa on this system, is that why the keys do not have any
> affect? How do I get them to actually control the volume/work with alsa?
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> James

Update on this. Apparently the volume controls do work for the internal
speakers, but not when I have external speakers plugged into the
headphone jack. Any ideas?

I could start a new thread, hate to jump on someone else's like this,
but it was related to begin with.

Thanks,
James