Re: FC4 on Laptop, does it work??, Partly.

I've read through this thread with interest. I have an HP Compaq nx9110
with volume control buttons that have never worked for me. I switched
the keyboard layout to "Laptop/notebook (eg Armada, Evo) Laptop
Keyboard".

Now the buttons act like they are doing something, meaning if I hit mute
it says Mute On, but the the sound is not muted. Same results with up
and down on the volume. I now also have kmix load in the task tray.

I'm using alsa on this system, is that why the keys do not have any
affect? How do I get them to actually control the volume/work with alsa?

Any suggestions appreciated.

James