Re: [akonstam: Re: cups sucks me]

Tim:
>> Do you have the cups-config-daemon running?  It automatically
>> reconfigures CUPS in some way that I've not seen detailed.

Gene Heskett:
> What distrib uses that, I never want to even burn a copy to cd if it
> does that.

FC4, at least.  Did you think we were discussing something other than
Fedora on this list?  Are you so vehement against HAL, Kudzu, and other
auto-config tools?  At least this one can be disabled without causing
any woes, so far as I can tell.  Things like udev and HAL we're stuck
with.

So far the only description I can find of it is what's written into the
system configuration GUI (This is a daemon for configuring printers
through D-BUS).  I've found no documention, just websites where people
have attributed it to problems, and instructions to turn it off.

I read messages from the public lists.