Re: Quick rsync question

> Well it seems to be something to do with the timestamps by the "is
> newer".  Maybe it is some 'feature' of the filesystem that is on the
> destination drive, is it mounted with any unusual options?  But I don't
> really understand how mv inside the same filesystem as when you
> corrected the directory placement will mess with the timestamp.
>
> Maybe try:
>
> mv data/Baptism/DSC00681.JPG data
> mv data/DSC00681.JPG data/Baptism
>
> and then see if the rsync suddenly believes it needs copying again... at
> least you prove it is some feature of the mv action that changes the
> file state somehow.

Well, I'm still not sure what's going on, but here's what I did. I
deleted all the files out of one of the directories. Then I did:
cp -v --preserve=timestamp
of the files. Then I ran rsync on those two directories and it said
everything was uptodate.

The I did some mv's and it still say they are uptodate. I have no idea.
I guess I'll just rsync or cp using preserve and I should be good to
go.

Thanks for the help.

James