Re: RHCE?

I am studying for it doing installs and troubleshooting on my own.  You don't need the Enterprise copy of RHEL itself, Fedora is fine.  I noticed on the site the other day that the exam is 'now updated for RHEL 4', so that's good to hear.

I recommend the Michael Jang book, forgot the title but it has like a greek statue on the cover.  Be careful and make sure he wrote it; there is an identical Syngress one written by two others I think.  I like his book better, it's full of a lot of good exercises.

I am finding that the RHCE is a pretty big chunk to try to bite off and take one test over at once.  I have a lot of resources at my disposal, and even though I know a lot about a lot of topics, I am finding my progression to be much slower than I would've liked.  I am the kinda guy that likes to really nail the topic so I have a very high level of assurance that I am o.k. for the exam.

I am wondering if it is a better test-taking strategy to try the lower level certifications first before attempting RHCE.  In my case it's not so much a question of experience, it's more a question of not wanting to gamble exam fee of $750.

If anyone else has any other angles on this it would be great to hear.  Has anyone used redhat's online training to fill in gaps and/or prepare for the certifications?  Curious to know how that went.

Marc