Re: Can GRUB boot GRUB?

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 12:18 -0600, Justin Willmert wrote:
> You should be able to just chain load the Debian installation much like
> you would the Windows installation. Just give Debian the hda0 path
> rather than sdaX.
> Take my comments as a grain of salt though. I am by NO means an advanced
> user in GRUB. I'm just telling you that I don't see much of a difference
> between the chain loading situations.

That's what I thought too, but I can't get it to work. If I remember
correctly Debian starts booting but tries to use the FC4 filesystem on
sda and I get a kernel panic, or various GRUB errors depending on what
I've tried in menu.lst.

--
 _
( ) ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML e-mail and propriatery attachments.