Re: Can GRUB boot GRUB?

Iain Stephen wrote:
On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 12:18 -0600, Justin Willmert wrote:

You should be able to just chain load the Debian installation much like you would the Windows installation. Just give Debian the hda0 path rather than sdaX. Take my comments as a grain of salt though. I am by NO means an advanced user in GRUB. I'm just telling you that I don't see much of a difference between the chain loading situations.

That's what I thought too, but I can't get it to work. If I remember
correctly Debian starts booting but tries to use the FC4 filesystem on
sda and I get a kernel panic, or various GRUB errors depending on what
I've tried in menu.lst.

I've done that with FC3 and FC4 and had no problem at all.
Just be sure that Debian's grub.conf and /etc/fstab reference
the right partitions.  In grub.conf check both the "root ..."
line and the "root=..." kernel parameter.  If you're using
"LABEL=..." to identify partitions, make sure all your
partitions have unique labels.

--
Bob Nichols         Yes, "NOSPAM" is really part of my email address.