Re: Rampant Off Topic Posts, what to do about it

At 11:57 AM -0500 2/17/06, Warren Togami wrote:
>http://forums.fedoraforum.org/
>If you want to give up on this list, I usually recommend folks to head
>over to Fedora Forum because user lists don't scale even under best
>conditions.  A web forum is better able to organize topics, flame wars
>are much better controlled, while off-topic drivel is easily moved to
>where it belongs.

Also consider Gmane, which makes lists into News (like Usenet News).  Bad
threads are easily and cheaply ignored that way.  I don't use Gmane, but
there have been posts in the past few months about how to do it; they can
be googled on with site:www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list gmane.

(Personally, I just skip over the bad threads, much the same way I skip
over spam.  My old Eudora makes that easy and fast, and I think it's safer
than trying to set up filters, which are another way to skip bad threads.)