Re: OT: Two ways Microsoft sabotages Linux desktop adoption

Les Mikesell wrote:
On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 23:36, Mike McCarty wrote:

One interesting thing I just noticed for the first time (or perhaps
noticed again after a few years, and didn't remember). It states that
section 6 states the terms for "distribution of such executables". So
one might argue that if one links such an executable on his own machine
by linking it at load time, but does not distribute it, then 6 has no
force, since it is not distributed.

There has never been any question that you can 'use' GPL'd works
that you have modified yourself even if the modification
involves adding non-GPL'd components.

In any case, no corporation is going to use anything which is GPL or
LGPL and risk being taken to court.

They do use it, they just can't distribute it - not even if they
want to give it away.  Which means that the rest of us won't
ever have it.

Erm, I used a contraction of the clause "use ... in a commercial product".

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.