Re: Two ways Microsoft sabotages Linux desktop adoption

Scot L. Harris wrote:
On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 21:42 -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:

One suggestion, a while back openoffice on my laptop was taking a long
time to load.  I tracked the problem down to the dictionary system which
was loading a number of languages which I did not need or want.  I
believe I found a message on this list which detailed how to disable all
languages except the one I used.  This dramatically improved the load
time of the application.

I believe I have removed all the language packs. That sped up
(if you can believe it) the loading of OO for me. It used to
take longer.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.