Re: OT (Complexity makes for a) Desperate situation

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 21:28, Mike McCarty wrote:

> Please give an example of an NP-complete problem which must be
> solved by firmware in the electronics of an ATA disc drive.
> Not many traveling salesmen in my discs...

If you are still talking about cable-select here, the problem
being solved is the one of mass-assembly and removing the
slow step of adjusting drive jumpers.  Virtually all new
boxes are delivered with CS settings that work.  If you
change it, you can still use jumpers if you want.  What's
the issue?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx