Re: apache woes forbidden strange

Gordon Messmer wrote:
Dan wrote:

FYI.  I disabled SElinux and rebooted. "Ahhh good old windows way"
For whatever reason the file is not visible in apache, so either the reboot fixed it, or the disabling of selinux.

It was SELinux.

Your security context type wasn't right, so do this:

chcon -R -t httpd_sys_content_t /yum

That will set the correct type for all files in /yum. As John suggested, you should also "fix" the ownership and permissions:

chown -R root:root /yum
find /yum -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
find /yum -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

Does anyone know how to do this for a FAT filesystem?  I've
got a server set up so I can play with things locally, but
I'd like to keep the files on my FAT drive.  I've tried the
fscontext option, but so far have only managed to prevent
myself writing to it.

imalone